Homemade Crispy Seasoned French Fries
Skip the drive-thru and make irresistible seasoned fries at home. This seasoned French fry recipe creates fries that are crispy on the outside, but fluffy and tender on the inside.
2 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled
1 cup vegetable oil for frying
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon onion salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water, or as needed
- Cutpotatoes into French fries and place them into a large bowl of cold water to prevent them from turning brown.
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan or large skillet to 350 degrees ℉(175 degrees ℃).
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan or large skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Drain fries and pat dry; dip into the batter one at a time.
- Lower fries carefully into the hot oil in batches to prevent them from clumping together. Fry until golden brown and crispy on all sides, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Drain fries on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve hot and enjoy!